Monday, December 18, 2017

Winter In Florida

For those of you who don't like the organ share, here's a single 45 side that might help ease the pain.  This was the flip side of Betty Johnson's novelty hit, Little Blue Man. It's a song all about the winter season in Miami, about four hours southeast of me, but similar.  We don't get any snow, and it's very rarely cold, but somehow we make do.  This is Betty Johnson With Orchestra Conducted By Charles Grean-Winter In Miami (Atlantic 7" 45 RPM 45-1169, Mono, 1957).

Zippyshare

7 comments:

  1. I like Betty Johnson, and have been considering a post devoted to her for about 10 years now. (I move slowly.) I think I did once post an LP by her family's group, the Johnson Family Singers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recorded a bit of her stuff earlier this year, including a whole LP, and it's pretty good stuff. You have to really listen to it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charles Randolph Grean led an interesting life -- he arranged Nat Cole's version of "The Christmas Song," worked with Leonard Nimoy, married Betty Johnson, and had his own hit with "Quentin's Theme" in 1969.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a fabulous single and a great addition to any winter mix. People don't like to admit that Betty's first and biggest hit was "I Want Eddie Fisher for Christmas," covered--superbly--by Spike Jones. If only someone had reciprocated with "I Want Spike Jones for Christmas," or even Hanukkah. In any case, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The only Betty Johnson I know is the Little Blue Man. Thanks for another. As a young man, I thought she sounded hot just by her singing voice. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. 2018 link:

    https://mega.nz/#!ZFUEBYxJ!N4tMTzpNfQ_I96YYA3phBnXpUaVGPhmcHZMS_y387GY

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...