Tuesday, December 05, 2017

Re-Bing

You might remember me sharing out the record above some years back, featuring narration by none other than Bing Crosby.  We'll it turns out that they've recently reissued it on both CD and vinyl, so if you want to purchase a legit copy, head on over and get your self a copy! It's good stuff!  For the search engines, this is The Bonaventure Choir And Children's Chorus-Bing Crosby-Narrator-The Bible Story Of Christmas-The Traditional Carols In Gospel Sequence (World Library Productions WLP 8, Mono, 1957).  When they contacted me to tell me they were going to reissue this, they were nice enough to send me a picture of the original tape box below.  Pretty cool!

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for the R2R Tape Box pic!!! A family friend passed away recently which got me to drag all of my R2R decks out of storage and make one work so I could rip all of the tapes he sent my dad during his Naval Tours of Viet Nam from 62 - 68. I added the pic to the folder that I had from your first posting.....

    Thank you for all of the Great Work you do!!!!!

    Scott1669

    ReplyDelete
  2. well, unless the reissue is in stereo, i'm not going to buy it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for reminding me! I'd meant to buy a copy! So cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barba, interesting comment. Was this ever released in stereo? If so, I've never heard it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't believe this ever came out in stereo, I think Barba just doesn't want to spend any money...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, yes. That would make the most sense then.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the tip on this Ernie, I ordered and received mine. We'll be listening to it this weekend as we trim the tree. Without your blog I wouldn't have known to hunt this down to purchase it. I hope the powers that be understand and appreciate that. Merry Christmas one and all!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...