Friday, December 08, 2017

A Clown For Christmas

I wasn't going to post anything new tonight, but then I remembered that CaptOT was doing his radio show tonight! So I had to sit here at the computer to listen to him, and while I'm listening, I scanned this single in for you. I got this record for free many years ago because it had a hairline crack in it.  I was still able to get a pretty good recording of it, and I think you'll enjoy it.  Couldn't put a date on it, I'm afraid, but maybe some McDonald's expert will come around and tell us exactly when and where this gem came out.  Notice that it's not just from McDonald's, but McDonald's Drive-In Restaurants.  I'm sure that's an important clue to the origin of this record.  Give it a listen and let me know what you think.  This is Ronald McDonald-The Night Before Christmas (Compliments Of McDonald's Drive-In Restaurants, 7" 45 RPM, Mono).

Zippyshare

9 comments:

  1. 1963!

    https://www.discogs.com/Ronald-McDonald-The-Night-Before-Christmas/release/1401100

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I must have forgotten about that. Thanks for finding it. I see I did actually have 1963 on the MP3 files. I need more sleep!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i was fresh from listening to "three wise men" when i gave this a spin, so to speak. quite relieved to find that ronald mcdonald had chosen different material from john mccarthy. i'm not sure i could take the magi leaving gifts of hamburgers, french fries, and a coke.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful! Such gems this season.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Ernie, you are too good to us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Man, I should have played this on the radio show!

    Thanks for the shoutout Ernie - and forgive the tardy comment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This year's link...

    https://mega.nz/#!4MMlESbK!pdaKZrirJ7xg0-PFvVAH8tO3xq09AaL7z6kN8HFdBAc

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...