Sunday, July 02, 2017

Christmas In July 2017-Day 2

Another day, another 20 songs recorded and ready to share for Christmas in July!  If I can keep this rate up for a while, I should be OK through the end of the month.  But you know what happens to the best laid plans...  Anyhow, I've got five good ones for you tonight, so let's jump in.

1. Ethel Smith-Wedding Of The Painted Doll from Ethel Smith's Toy Parade (Decca 10" 33 RPM DL 5283, Mono, 1951).  I think I've shared this before, but not from an LP this old.  She was a very gifted organist, that's for sure.

2. Carmen Cavallaro-I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm from 12 Easy Lessons In Love (Decca DL 8747, Mono, 1958).  I think this one's new around here, but I could be wrong.  I want to make a joke about where in the world is Carmen Cavallaro, but it's late and I'm tired.  Maybe tomorrow.

3. Sleigh Ride by Richard Ellsasser from Leroy Anderson Favorites (MGM E3174, Mono, 1955).  Now this one I know I've shared before, along with two entire LPs from him of Christmas and winter music.

4. Go Tell It On The Mountain by Adele Addison And The Jubilee Singers from Little David Play On Your Harp And The Great Spirituals (Kapp K-1109-S, Stereo, 1959).  I pretty much have to check every LP I see that mentions spirituals to see if this is on there.  It turns up more often than not and always makes a fine addition to Christmas In July.

5. The Little Toy Shop by The Kermit Leslie Orchestra from "Middlebrow" Music For The Hi-Fi Fan With The Kermit Leslie Orchestra (Epic 10" 33 RPM LG 1019, Mono, 1954).  While looking this one up, I saw it mentioned as a lost space-age classic.  While I didn't think it was the best thing ever, it was good enough that I need to go back and listen to the rest of the tracks.  Not really a Christmas song, I think it's one of those things you could slide into a playlist and no one would be the wiser.

There you go, another five tracks for you.  The typos are coming fast and furious tonight, so I hope what I wrote makes sense.  I need to redo the share, too, since I found a few typos in the track names while I was typing them in here.  Long day.

Zippyshare

4 comments:

  1. I see you are sneaking in some 10-inchers there. Never have seen that Kermit Leslie item!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The 10" records were near the top, so I ripped the tracks from all of those first. Got a few more of them to drop in as time goes by. You know I have to pick up every 10" I see and look at it, I blame that on you! :) Well, you and an old girlfriend who gave me a bunch of them once...

    ReplyDelete
  3. you MEN and your 10-inchers. really...

    ReplyDelete
  4. barba...

    Bull Moose Jackson - "Big Ten Inch"


    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rws_7mLTqj8

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...