Sunday, July 26, 2015

The Return Of Christmas In July-Day 25

Here's the first post of the day.  It's still early so I hope to be able to get a second post in today to be all caught up with the calendar.  Wish me luck.  Now, here's the music.

We start with one of the original Sesame Street performers, Bob McGrath, joined by The Jimmy Joyce Singers, singing I'd Like To Teach The World To Sing (In Perfect Harmony), a sorta-Christmas song from his LP Bob McGrath Sing For All The Boys And Girls (Disneyland 1357, Stereo, 1974).  Bob had been a member of Mitch Miller's singalong crowd, and even released a solo LP through Columbia.  I believe he was very popular in Japan, certainly more so than here in the states.  He also released a Christmas EP in Japan that I've never seen or heard.  So if anyone wants to shoot that my way, I'd love to hear it.

Track two is something a little special, it's Doris Day singing Christmas Story from the soundtrack to On Moonlight Bay (Columbia 4x10" 78 RPM C-267, Mono, 1951).  That's right, it's the only track so far this month taken from shellac!  I may have another, but so far it's resisted my attempts to get a skip free recording, but we'll have to give it another try.

Track three, which I think is a rerun, is Ave Maria by The Eric Rogers Chorale And Orchestra, from the LP Glory, Glory, Hallelujah (London Phase 4 SP 44028, Stereo, 1963).  Love those fancy gatefold covers!

Track four continues the rerun goodness with I've Got My Love To Keep Me Warm (From "On The Avenue") by Skitch Henderson, His Piano And Orchestra, from A Tribute To Irving Berlin (Columbia CS 9683, Stereo, 1968).

Fifth and finally we have another electronic version of Handel's Hallelujah Chorus, this time entitled The New Hallelujah.  This one is something I shared before, but it's too good not to bring back.  Performers on this one are Ralph Carmichael (Conductor), Clark Gassman (Player) & Fred Werner (Programmer), the album is The Electric Symphony (The MOOG Synthesizer) (Light LS-5541-LP, Stereo, 1970).  This will get you up and dancing, I'm sure.

And there you have it.  Go download and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...