Sunday, December 16, 2012

Singles Sunday #23-Sisters

Continuing on with characters on the outskirts of Christmas, how about a little song commemorating Klinker, the little pup who woke Santa up?You'd think with all those elves and reindeer running around, Santa would never be able to sleep very soundly anyway, and there are certainly plenty of people who are going to make sure he wales up on time, but evidently, the job fell to poor Klinker, who usually gets in trouble for making too much noise, but this time he saves to day.  I first heard this song performed by Tennessee Ernie Ford, but that version is available elsewhere, so I dug this one up just the other day in time for Christmas.  I'm not too sure who The Wilson Sisters were, or why they only put one of them on the picture sleeve.  Perhaps they were twins, and there's one on the front and one on the back.  But trust me, the front looks exactly like the back.  I didn't even scan the back, it was so like the front, only in much, much worse shape.  Anyone who knows any more about this record than I do, please chime in.  For one of the better kiddie records of the season, please download The Wilson Sisters-Little Klinker (The Pup Who Woke Santa Up!) b/w All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth (King 7" 45 RPM 45-5724, Mono, 1962).

MediaFire
Torrent

2 comments:

  1. It must have been crowded up there at the North Pole, what with all the strange helpers that Santa accumulated. And the names - "Little Klinker"?

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...