Saturday, December 29, 2012

On The Second Day Of Christmas, Sorta

Well, it's taken a while, but I think I have a computer again. The old hard drive is toast, it can't even make it through a CHKDSK scan, but I managed to copy most of my old stuff off f it first. I haven't had to dig into a backup copy for anything yet, but I'm sure there are some missing files here and there.  It's taking a while to start over with the OS, though, finding all the software I had installed, learning how I had things configured before the loss.  But I'll get there.  In the meantime, I need to get caught back up for The Twelve Days of Christmas!  Today is what, the fifth day, and I'm making my second post?  I've got a ways to go.  Anyhow, this is a nice little piece from Decca that they licensed from Deutsche Grammophon, a strategy with which they had a great deal of success.  There's good music here, some familiar, some not so familiar, but you'll enjoy it.  This is Hans Carste And His Orchestra With Organ And Bells-Noël Noël-A Musical Christmas (Decca DL 78809, Stereo, 1958).

1. Silent Night
2. Adeste Fideles (Oh Come, All Ye Faithful)
3. Come Hither Ye Children
4. O Tannenbaum
5. The Snow Falls Quietly
6. See, The Conquering Hero Comes
7. White Christmas
8. O Thou Cheerful One
9. The First Noel
10. Lo How A Rose E'er Blooming
11. Winter Wonderland
12. From Heaven Above To Earth I Come

Torrent

13 comments:

  1. From Montreal, Canada, I've been downloading a lot of your wonderful musics since a few days, and i never said how much i was grateful. Thank you so much for all the work you're doing to share your treasures. If you're looking for some french or french-canadian christmas music, just ask : i might have it, since i'm a christmas freak like you ;-)

    I wish you a wonderful year for 2013.

    Eric

    ReplyDelete
  2. You gave up on the traditional download Mediafire already? Oh my -- what are we old curmudgeons to do?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ernie -

    Glad to have you back. If you ever have questions about Microsoft technology, please let me know - I might be able to help you.

    Thanks for the nice share. If possible, I prefer the Mediafire too, but beggars can't be choosers, can they?

    Best,

    DC

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Holidays And have a great New Year. Thank you for your great stuff this year. just wished for more of the old er stuff you had back in the day 2009 and before. Thank you so much for all the work you're doing to share your treasures. Ah the Joys of the modern tech world Hard Drives, that is why I always back up my music and stuff with a second Hard Drive, cause you never know when it will fail. Take care my friend, Stan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great album! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for all the hard work you put into providing all your visitors with so much beautiful (sometimes funny) music celebrating the wonderful season of Christmas.
    P.S. Option of Mediafire, if possible, please.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to see you back, so many other sites have just given the Christmas Music up and thats so dissapointing. I am un aware as to how to use the Torrent, so please can someone explain to me how I go about using this, I hope you will once again make Mediafire or something like that an option, guess I am behind the times. Thanks again for all you do and Now I want to take time to wish you a Happy 2013, who would have ever tought we'd be here

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greetings from France!
    "P.S. Option of Mediafire, if possible, please."
    Downloading Torrents with Azureus is easy and fast. It's the best. You can find this software portabilized here : http://portableappz.blogspot.fr/2012/12/azureus-vuze-4812-32-64-bit-multilingual.html : it's a clean an useful software.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another curmudgeon here who prefers Mediafire to torrent downloading, but grateful for the music any way it's offered.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, Just passing this on. Used Torrent one time in past and was contacted by I.S.P. that I was illegal to download or upload music that may be copy right infringed. Threatened to shut off internet service. So be careful. At least Mediafire just blocks it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Regarding torrents and copyright infringement, you are only going to run into problems from your ISP if you are downloading and/or seeding CURRENT and BIG BUDGET music, movies, software, etc.

    This is all about money and no industry group is spending money trying to stop the sharing of the small number of these wonderfully obscure records that are still encumbered by copyright.

    Torrents are the way to go for this stuff. These files are small and easy to seed indefinitely, which will result in well-seeded torrents for previous shares - ie. no dead links for stuff from even several years past.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Ernie for all you have done over the years. Since you have gone all Torrent, I will be parting...kinda sad really. The only way I can access these files is at work, and Torrent is absolutely forbidden--absolute reason for immediate dismissal and loss of security clearance. On the other hand, you have to do what you have to do. I appreciate your love for the classic and forgotten Christmas music of the past!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...