Friday, November 30, 2012

Singalong

I didn't know what this album would be like before I put it on the turntable, but it's pretty much what you might expect from a budget label in the years after The Chipmunks hit it big. In fact, there are a couple of songs on here that showed up on a single I shared back in 2010 that seemed to be pretty popular with the folks 'round these parts.I suspect that these recordings have turned up elsewhere with different covers and credited to different artists, but I haven't listened to enough of these budget collections to find any others.  But there's some nice music on here, I think you will be able to find a song or two worth hearing again.  This is The Pixie Helpers-Sing Along With Santa's Helpers (Tops L 1700, Mono, 1959).

1. Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer
2. Sleigh Ride
3. The Animal's Christmas Song
4. O Come All Ye Faithful; Silent Night
5. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus (Featuring a tap dancing solo!  I kid you not!)
6. Frosty The Snow Man
7. The Christmas Song (Yes, it's the cha-cha-cha version)
8. Joy To The World
9. Jingle Bells
10. Deck The Halls

MediaFire
Torrent

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...