Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Re-Eddie (Or Not)

Tonight's do-over from years past is this somewhat somber record from Eddie Layton.  I remember the day I first found this, it was during the season and I had promised myself I wouldn't record any more music, but I ran home and recorded it, then scanned it, and shared it that same night.  I had high hopes for how it would sound, but I quickly discovered this wasn't one of his more outlandish recordings.  Some of the things he did for Mercury back in the day are just outstanding, often with covers to match, but not this.  This is pretty straight-ahead organ demo stuff.  Which isn't to say it's not worthy of a download, because it totally is, but don't think you're going to find anything on here to rival Bob Kames.  If you're still wanting to give it a listen (and this is a new, better rip), this is Eddie Layton At The Hammond Organ-Organ Music For Christmas With Chimes And Brass Choir (Epic BN 26118, Stereo, 1964)

1. Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
2. White Christmas
3. Rudolph, The Red-Nosed Reindeer; Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town
4. I'll Be Home For Christmas
5. The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire)
6. Silver Bells
7. God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen; Hark! The Herald Angels Sing; Joy To The World
8. We Three Kings Of Orient Are; It Came Upon The Midnight Clear
9. Away In A Manger; Silent Night, Holy Night
10. Cantique De Noel (O Holy Night)
11. O Little Town Of Bethlehem

MediaFire
Torrent

1 comment:

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...