Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Return To Magnavox


This is a share from back in 2007 that I don't think has been back since.  The old link is long gone, and someone asked about it, so here it is again. I don't know much more about it now than I did then, but if you got one of these with you new hi-fi back in the day, perhaps you remember it.  If so, then please be my guest and download Christmas Favorites Sung By The Magnificent Magnavox Chorus (Magnavox, Mono).

1. Prelude A
2. O' Come All Ye Faithful
3. Interlude A1
4. It Came Upon The Midnight Clear
5. Interlude A2
6. Jesus Is Born
7. Interlude A3
8. Angels We Have Heard On High
9. Interlude A4
10. Joy To The World
11. Finale A
12. Prelude B
13. Jolly Old Saint Nicholas
14. Interlude B1
15. God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
16. Interlude B2
17. The First Noel
18. Interlude B3
19. Silent Night, Holy Night
20. Interlude B4
21. Carol Of The Bells
22. Interlude B5 (Good King Wenceslas)
23. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
24. Finale B

MediaFire

All regular tracks are performed by The Magnavox Chorus.  Preludes, Interludes and Finales are by Virgil Fox at the organ.  They weren't listed on the sleeve, and I only recognized the tune of one of them, so I couldn't give them their real names.

4 comments:

  1. Wasn't going to grab this until I saw the mention of Virgil Fox...I have several classical albums of his, including 3 live concerts. So, thanks for the share.
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!
    I can't get enough Virgil Fox this Christmas.
    Geordie Birch

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you ever find it in your heart and time schedule to share this at modern bit rate, I would be in your debt

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Buster has done this one up much more recently, I'd grab his.
      https://big10inchrecord.blogspot.com/2018/12/the-magnavox-chorus-and-virgil-fox.html

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...