Friday, December 03, 2010

Santa Says

Here's a good one that I've seen around at other blogs, but I've never taken a stab at it until now.  Fellow named Walt Jacobs evidently released some of the tracks on this LP independently around Chicago at some point, and it did well enough that Capitol decided to pick it up nationally.  They added some stuff, and that was how we wound up with this LP.  I'm hoping someone out there has some more info, or maybe one of those original records.  Drop me a comment and share your knowledge, I'd sure appreciate it.  If this LP looks like your cup of tea, please download Santa Claus (Walt Jacobs)-Santa's Own Christmas (Capitol T2836, 1967, Mono).

1. Holiday On Ice-A Ride With Santa (Introduction)
2. Stories About The North Pole
3. The Story Of Small One (I just heard a skip in this one...Sorry)
4. What Santa Wants For Christmas
5. Jingle Bells
6. Up On The Housetop
7. Santa's Night Before Christmas
8. Jolly Old Saint Nicholas
9. Holiday On Ice-A Ride With Santa (Finale)

RapidShare
MegaUpload
MediaFire

3 comments:

  1. In Capitol's numbering scheme, this record immediately follows The Beatles' "Magical Mystery Tour" (Capitol 2835).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been looking for this album for at least 25 years,,used to listen to this as a child with my parents on Christmas eve every year,wanted to listen to it with my own children but we lost the album and I couldn't remember the name of it,,all I could remember was Santa's face on the cover. Thank you so much for this ,,,now I know what to look for when buying it. God bless you,,and Merry Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this lp. It is something that was always around, going back as far as I can remember. My absolute favorite album ever.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...