Thursday, December 30, 2010

One Last Remaster

Before I finally finish up with the 2010 Christmas sharity, I have one last remastered recording for you.  I remembered that my old share of this Ethel Smith Christmas record came from some vinyl that had been played pretty long and hard.  There's a reason you're supposed to change those needles occasionally, folks.  I think this copy was in much better shape, but it's still not perfect.  This isn't my favorite collection of Christmas music on the organ, but it's not bad.  Please be my guest and download this new and improved version of Ethel Smith-Christmas Music (Decca DL8187, Mono, 1955).  This record was later reissued in an abridged version on Vocalion entitled Silent Night-Holy Night.  That's the cover you see down at the bottom. Oh, and the original issue on 78 and 45 EP had yet another cover, you can see that one here.

1. Silent Night
2. It Came Upon The Midnight Clear
3. O Holy Night (Cantique De Noel)
4. The First Nowell
5. Oh, Little Town Of Bethlehem
6. Angels We Have Heard On High
7. Adeste Fidelis (O, Come All Ye Faithful)
8. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
9. White Christmas
10. God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
11. Good King Wenceslas
12. Jingle Bells

RapidShare
MegaUpload
MediaFire

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...