Wednesday, December 08, 2010

America?

I don't normally like to share out records credited solely to Chorus & Orchestra.  Those guys put out so many records that no one much cares about them anymore.  But with a great cover like this, how could I resist?  I first shared a picture of that great Santa Claus with you back in July of 2005, not many months after the blog had started, and well before I ever shared out my first Christmas record.  I don't think I had a stereo copy of the record at the time, and I doubt if I gave much thought to ever sharing it.  But this year, it caught my eye at some point, and I got it ripped for you, and I've giving it to you tonight.  I hope you get as big a kick out of it as I did.  The title is Christmas In America Sing-Along, but listen to the accent in those voices.  They are clearly not Americans singing.  Is it German?  Something from Northern Europe, perhaps?  It's not Boston or New York or even California, I can assure you of that.  So give this a listen and tell me where you think it's from.  Surely this is repackaged or licensed from somewhere else, London had many places to pull these recordings from, I just don't know why they would put such a title on it.  Anyhow, please download and give a listen to Chorus And Orchestra-Christmas In America Sing-Along (Richmond (London) S 30104, Stereo, 1961).

1. Joy To The World
2. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
3. O Come, All Ye Faithful (Adeste Fideles)
4. The First Noel
5. Silent Night
6. God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
7. The Little Drummer Boy
8. Jingle Bells
9. I'll Be Home For Christmas
10. Winter Wonderland
11. White Christmas
12. Silver Bells

RapidShare
MegaUpload
MediaFire

2 comments:

  1. They kind of sound scandinavian to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I learned how to sing these particular songs from this album.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...