Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Where Eagles Soar


Perhaps the most popular decorative element in Washington, DC is the eagle. They are everywhere. These three are in front of Union Station, so they were among the first things I shot on my second day in town. Pretty impressive, except for all the bird poop. I'm sure there is someone in Washington who's job it is to clean the pigeon droppings off of stuff. That may not be his official title, but that's what he does. I'd even bet it's more than one somebody. Probably dozens of people. It's a large town.

I thought maybe I could find some more info about these eagles, but I can't find anything at the usual sources. Probably just another decorative element by an unknown craftsman.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...