Friday, April 02, 2010

Tonight, Tonight, Tonight


For those of you who might be near Saint Petersburg tonight, be sure you come out to The Vodkanauts show. As I mentioned last week, they are performing Pink Floyd's The Wall in it's entirety at The State Theater on Central Ave. I was lucky enough to get to attend a rehearsal last night, and I have to say I was impressed. Even for a rehearsal, with all of it's stopping and starting, it's missed cues, it's flubbed notes, and multiple issues with a megaphone, it was quite the show.

I shot a little over 2000 pictures. I like to get my money's worth, and since I had the access, a rented lens, and a lot of enthusiasum, I went all out. I don't want to share too many shots here, especially since I don't want to ruin any of the surprises in the show. Trust me when I say it's worth your time and $15 to come out.

I didn't mention, but the performers are actually The Vodknauts and Friends. Some of the folks you'll see up on stage are just helping out for this show, and aren't regular members of the band. But they do a really good job of blending in and making it feel like a cohesive group. All the guys in the band were super nice to me and I have to admit it was really cool to be the only guy in the whole theater who was just there to enjoy the show. I'll be there tonight, but I'm sure I won't have the access I had during rehearsals.

Oops, there's that pesky megaphone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...