Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Chutes Open


I only saw skydivers once at Sun-N-Fun this year, and I think it was right at the start of the airshow on Saturday. Unfortunately, it was nothing but gray skies that afternoon, so these probably aren't pictures to write home about. But just imagine that red smoke against a bright blue sky. *sigh*

In case you can't figure out what's going on here, there's a rope trailing off the jumpers leg. Every few feet on that rope is another smoke pot, and that's what's creating the lines of red smoke in the sky. Neat trick.

Even without blue sky, this is a nice shot.

And here he is, just about to touch down. I rarely fight my way to the front of the crowd, so I never get the shot of his feet actually touching the ground. Not worth the hassle, I suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...