Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Success Story Or Not?

I just found out that this record I shared out some time ago is now available for download over at iTunes. No big deal, that sort of thing happens all the time. Record companies are constantly finding things to release in their backcatalog. The odd part is, someone who downloaded it says it sounds just like the version I was sharing, right down to the pops in the vinyl. Now, that's a little odd. Wouldn't it be ironic if someone who owned the rights to this record just took my rip and let iTunes start selling it? And what am I gonna do, complain? I don't think so. Anyhow, be sure to visit iTunes to download Nelson Riddle Orchestra And Chorus-Avon Wishes You A Happy Holiday And A Joyous New Year (Avon AV 10170, Stereo, 1970). Compare my cover to theirs, too. I guess they didn't want to use the original Avon version, but they didn't want to stray too far away either. Oh, and the tracks are all switched around, too.

4 comments:

  1. Ernie - your fame continues to spread. By the way, I do wonder if the copyright holder had anything to do with its appearance on iTunes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Who do I call at iTunes? I got a whole bunch of stuff that I 'own' the copyright to. There's money to be made here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sometimes wonder who gets the money when old albums are released on CD - or iTunes for that matter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one seems to have disappeared from iTunes...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...