Thursday, December 10, 2009

The Other Arthur


This is a Christmas record from Arthur Godfrey, the second one that I know of. His first Christmas record came out near the height of his TV career and features all the Little Godfreys. But, it's on CD and I can't share it with you. However, there's still this one. This is the stereo version of an LP I first brought you a couple of years ago. There's some good stuff here, and it's all Arthur, except for a children's chorus, and they aren't on all the tracks. Please be my guest and download Arthur Godfrey With The Richard Wolfe Children's Chorus-All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Front Teeth (RCA Camden CAS-1092, Stereo, 1967).

1. Christmas Is For Children
2. I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus
3. Frosty The Snow Man*
4. A Holly Jolly Christmas*
5. Medley: Jingle Bells; Jolly Old St. Nicolas; Up On The Housetop; We Wish You A Merry Christmas
6. All I Want For Christmas (Is My Two Front Teeth)
7. Santa Claus Is Comin' To Town*
8. Suzy Snowflake*
9. The Twelve Days Of Christmas
10. 'Twas The Night Before Christmas*

*Arthur Godfrey solo, no children on these.

1 comment:

  1. I came so close to buying both this and the one with "The Little Godfries" today. This one was show and the other one was the complete album on 45s but one of the records was missing. Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...