Friday, December 04, 2009

The 2010 Calendar


After what seems like an eternity, the 2010 wall calendars arrived yesterday. Well, one of them did. And my picture of Abraham Lincoln as he appears in the Lincoln Memorial in Washington DC is front and center. The final picture is the one shown above. I took this on my second trip to Washington, DC, this year, late at night in the dark. I think it's a pretty powerful picture, and including the quote from his Gettysburg Address makes it more so.

We tried a few different background behind Lincoln, including this one, hoping to bring a little color into the image. But we wound up using the picture in pure black and white, even removing the little bit of wall you could see behind the statue.


My original submission for a Lincoln calendar was this wide shot of the entire memorial, but we felt it wasn't as powerful as a shot of the statue alone. Now that I have a new camera, I want to go back to DC and take all of these pictures over again...

Those of you who are new around here may want to look at the calendar picture from last year while you're here...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...