Monday, November 30, 2009

Two Waring


One is never enough, so how about a second from Fred Waring and his boys from Pennsylvania? I first shared this in 2007, and it's proven to be not nearly so popular as my other Fred Waring shares. Oh, well, you can't win them all. It's still good, I think. Why don't you download it and tell me what you think. Here's Fred Waring And The Pennsylvanians-Christmas Time (Decca DL 78172, Stereo).

1. When Angels Sang Of Peace
2. It Came Upon The Midnight Clear
3. Deck The Hall
4. Joy To The World
5. The Christmas Song (Merry Christmas To You)
6. The Coventry Carol
7. A Music Christmas Card-O Christmas Tree-The Sleigh
8. Kentucky Wassail Song-Parade Of The Wooden Soldiers
9. Hark! The Herald Angels Sing
10. God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen
11. Heigh Ho The Holly-See Amid The Winter's Snow
12. Behold That Star-Carols Of The Bells
13. Luther's Cradle Hymn
14. Alleluia
15. Gloria In Excelsis

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ernie, been a fan of your blog for years now. Much fun and discoveries abound! I just downloaded your xmas in July sampler, and I remembered that you once you had uploaded this gem. Any chance for a reload this season? Also recently discovered you upload many versions of third man back in better times. That one looks like a goody too. So glad to see that you're still in full vigor after all this time. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Apologies for typos and broken English!

      Delete
    2. Thanks. Lots of older things like this have come out on CD or digital now, so I can't share them anymore. I stick to the stuff that's been lost to time, and the longer I go on, the fewer and further between are the things I can share.

      Delete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...