Saturday, September 05, 2009

The Sea Cow


I can't even remember the last time I brought you a picture of a manatee. That's probably because I don't see them too often, especially in the summer months. I usually find them in the winter when they gather together in the warm springs or power plant discharge canals. But this one swam under the Anna Maria Island City Pier this evening while I was there, so I got a fairly decent picture of him. This is as he emerged on the other side of the pier from where everyone first spotted him. Unfortunately, I wasn't quick enough with the camera to get a picture of the bubbles when he farted. I kid you not. This guy was probably 7 to 8 feet long, and surprisingly enough, he doesn't appear to have any propeller scars on his back.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...