Monday, September 07, 2009

Raccoon Family Album


I thought you might enjoy these family photos of a trio of raccoons I spotted this evening on South Lido Key. They were alongside a nature trail I was walking down, and even though they ran off as I approached, I coaxed them back out by tossing little sticks towards them as if they were food. I know, I know, it was mean, but I wanted to get the shot. Something you can't tell from these pictures is that the mommy, or at least the big one in the front, had an injured foot. Her right rear paw must have hurt, because she didn't walk on it the whole time I watched her. These are much better pictures than the last raccoon family I saw in Ohio.

1 comment:

  1. Good Catch and great pictures. I finally got my Nikon D90 but have a lot to learn.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...