Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Twins!


What do you think? Could these two ladies be twins? Or at least sisters? The statue above is in front of Caesar's Palace on the Strip in Las Vegas. The picture below is of a statue in front of the Ringling Mansion in Sarasota, Florida (yes, right around Christmas). Perhaps I subconsciously recognized the similarity when I saw the statue above. I see the one below pretty often, but I have no memory of taking the shot above. It must have rung a bell deep in my subconscious that made me take a picture of it. So, is this a Greek Sphinx? I'm not too well versed on my mythological creatures or my cryptozoology. Head of a woman, body of a lion, wings of an eagle? I can't see if it has a serpent for a tail or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...