Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Speaking Of MIB


Yesterday I showed you where the secret Men In Black headquarters was located in Manhattan. Today I'm showing you the spaceships that the alien bug tried to escape with. These are in a huge park in Queens, right next to Shea Stadium. It was the site of two World's Fairs, one in 1964 (where these buildings originated) and one in 1939/40. I don't think there is much left of the 1939 fair, but there is quite a bit left from 1964. When I was there, they were refurbishing these structures. I don't know what they were then, and I don't know what they're going to be now. I don't think they're really big enough to be much of anything, to tell you the truth. Ah, according to Wikipedia, these were part of the New York State exhibit in '64, and they were used as observation towers. I think they really are spaceships. I mean, why else would you have a World's Fair in Queens?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...