Monday, April 13, 2009

Indians (Not Cowboys)


When I stayed in Chicago last year, there were two sculptures of Indians on horseback right across the street from my hotel. Sorry, Native Americans on horseback, I guess I should say. Anyhow, these were pretty impressive statues, and I took a few shots, but never shared them for whatever reason. Here are some of those pictures. I think that these statues have lost some parts over the years, like the bow that this rider was supposed to be shooting.

Well, a little research at Wikipedia tells me that these sculptures, entitled "The Bowman" and "The Spearman" were created without their weapons, so I guess those pieces aren't missing, they were never there in the first place. Just a little bit ironic that the two statues would be named for pieces that aren't there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...