Sunday, December 21, 2008

More Polka


If there's one thing you can't have too much of at Christmas time, it's polka music! And here's a good one, the first time I've shared out a double record here at the blog. Record one is fun polkas, and record two is more traditional Polish Christmas music, but you'll enjoy it all. I didn't think I was going to be able to bring you this one this year. I pulled out a copy and started to record it, but I only had one of the two records. Several months later I discovered another copy in the archives, and it had both records in it. So that allowed me to finish up the recording and share it. Please download and enjoy Jimmy Sturr And His Orchestra With The Jimmy Sturr Singers & The Matusz Singers-Polka Christmas In My Hometown (Starr Records/Bruno-Dean Enterprises R-BS-116, Stereo, 1979).

1. Christmas In My Hometown
2. Churchbells Are Ringing
3. Jingle Bells Polka
4. The Christmas Song
5. Santa's Super Sonic Sleigh
6. On This Christmas Day
7. O! Holy Night
8. Twinkle Toes
9. Little Boy Jesus
10. Merry Christmas Polka
11. Wśród Nocnej Ciszy (In The Still Of The Night)
12. Dzisiaj W Betlejem (Today In Bethlehem)
13. Przylecieli Aniolkowie (The Angels Came)
14. W Zlobie Lezy (Away In A Manger)
15. My Tez Pastuszkowie (We Too Are Shepherds)
16. Pojdzmy Wszyscy Do Stajenki (To The Manger)
17. Sliczna Panienka (Beautiful Lady)
18. Medrcy Swiata (Kings Of The World)
19. Lulajze Jezuniu (Sleep Little Jesus)
20. Pasterze Mili (Shepherds Mild)
21. Tryumfy Krola Niebieskiego (Triumphant King Of Heaven)
22. Hej W Dzien Narodzenia (Hail! The Day Of His Birth)
23. Nowy Rok Biezy (New Year Begins)

2 comments:

  1. For some reason, RapidShare is giving me the runaround on this one and it's not downloading. Anybody else have any trouble on this?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was able to download it just fine.

    One of my followers over at Cheerful Earful had the same problem. It turned out that he had AOL as his host and that was causing the difficulty.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...