Monday, December 01, 2008

I Can See Christmas Now


Shocked I was, shocked, when I saw this LP in a stack of non-Christmas vinyl at a record store this summer. First, I almost flipped past it without a second glance. I knew vaguely who Johnny Nash was, but wasn't aware that he had a Christmas record. But thankfully I took a second glance, then flipped it over to look at some some song titles, and sure enough, it's Christmas. Then I figured that this was the sort of record that had to be on CD, but it doesn't appear to be. So I knew it would be something I'd have to share out with you. That cover was a bit of a pain, too. The picture of Johnny there in the center is one of those lenticular pictures. It changes a little, especially the background, when you tilt it back and forth. And there were some bad scratches on it. But I came up with the idea of rotating it 90 degrees between scans, and sure enough one of the scans came out better than the others. Sometimes, you have to get creative around here. But enough of my stories, please be my guest and download the short but sweet Johnny Nash-Prince Of Peace (JAD JS/1001, Stereo, 1969).

1. We Wish You A Merry Christmas
2. Prince Of Peace
3. Away In A Manger
4. Mary's Little Boy Child
5. The Borning Day
6. The Christmas Song
7. Sweet Little Jesus Boy
8. Medley: Silent Night-Oh Holy Night
9. Go Tell It On The Mountain

5 comments:

  1. WOW o WOW! Didn't even know this existed! Thanks Ern!


    Capt

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knew it existed, but I've never been able to get a decent copy at a decent price. And, as we all know (?), I hate indecency.

    Thanks, Ernie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ........... but but .... indecency does have a place in the world! really, I promise!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool indeed! Thx Ernie !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any chance of a re-up? Much appreciation!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...