Monday, December 01, 2008

27 Days Of Christmas-Day The Second


As is typical every year for my annual compilation, I'm behind. So this should be day four, but it's only day two. I'm going to try to get caught up, but bear with me in the meantime. I'm really switching gears for the second track here. You go from Lorne Green to Jimmy McGriff and some really funky organ playing. I can tell you all about it, or you can just download Jimmy McGriff-Hip Santa from Christmas With McGriff (Trip TLP-8027). Mine is the cheap reissue on Trip, a subsidiary of Mistletoe. I've never seen the original, but I do believe it's available on CD, and that's the only reason I'm not sharing out the whole thing. It's a pretty swingin' affair.

Oh, almost forgot. Jimmy passed away this year. So I'll call this a tribute to him and his music. I think the Captain reviewed this record earlier this year, also. Nope, two years ago. Close enough.

Previous tracks:
Lorne Greene-Christmas Is A-Comin' (May God Bless You)

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...