Tuesday, September 16, 2008

A Lighthouse In New Jersey


Imagine my surprise when I spotted this cute little lighthouse while on the Staten Island Ferry. Imagine my surprise when I tried walking towards it and after a mile or so I was no closer. Turns out that it's in New Jersey, and not actually on Staten Island. And if you look close at the shot below, you'll see it's got an airport nearby. I shot this on 9/11, so it concerned me at first, but the second or third time it happened, I figured out what was going on. Turns out it's Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) behind there.

PS-This was not the first lighthouse I saw on my trip. More about that other one later.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you enjoyed your trip to the Big Apple. As a Jersey Boy myself, the lighthouse/plane shot was very interesting and actually conjured up some fear! Come back any time!!!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...