Saturday, May 24, 2008

The New Camera-Part Two


Here are some more photos from the new XSi camera. This is a tri-color heron, which is one of the ones you don't see very often. I've never seen one that had this much blue on his beak. I'm wondering if maybe that's not something do do with mating season. I suppose I need to look that up. These guys are neat to watch when they are hunting, as they contort their necks to get a better view and herd the fish into the best position for eating. Unfortunately, he didn't catch anything while I had my camera trained on him.


2 comments:

  1. SunLion said...

    Ernie,

    Beautiful shots as always! It looks like your new camera is going thru the paces very nicely! Thank you for sharing the photographs!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...