Saturday, February 16, 2008

Ye Olde Cube


I happened to find some pictures from early 2006 recently that showed an earlier sculpture by Christine Desiree that was very similar to the more recent Pulse that I shared with you quite a few times here on the blog. I don't remember the name of this one, but I suppose I could look it up. (High Voltage, that's what it was called...) I'm not sure why I didn't post any pictures of this way back then. I guess the blog was still sort of new, and I didn't post all of the stuff that I could have. Anyhow, I think the similarities are pretty obvious, but the scale is somewhat different. This entire cube would slide right into the one that we built recently. It would be a tight fit, but it would fit.

Now what I didn't know about this sculpture at the time was that it lit up. I never got to see it at night during it's original installation, but they recently re-lit it at it's new home at the Ringling School of Art and Design on US 41 in Sarasota. And me being the photographer type, I had to stop and shoot some new pictures of it. It's neat to stand there in the glow of the light and watch the little red squares flutter in the breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...