Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Oodles Of Doodles CCCXXX


Ahhh, teenagers. Gotta love 'em. At least RCA loved 'em when they came out with the great record Chet Atkins' Teensville (RCA Victor LSP-2161, 1960). This was after Elvis but before the Beatles, so they were doing everything in their power to separate the teenagers from their dollars. I don't know how excited teenagers were about listening to Chet Atkins take on such rockers as White Silver Sands, One Mint Julep and Night Train. But at least we get a nice dancing doodle. There's also a tag line on the front, "Guitar With A Beat", which I shared with you many moons ago. I don't know how I missed this at the time, but I'm making up for it tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...