Sunday, December 16, 2007

Go USA-Part Three


This is the military promo that's been in my collection the longest. Most of the records I'm sharing out today have been things I found this year, but this record goes back at least eight years. I used cuts from this one on tapes I shared out some years ago, so that may tell you how long I've had it laying around. But I finally got it digitized this year, and I'm sharing it with you today. This one comes from the US Navy, so it's also unique in that sense. There are some songs on here that you can delete as soon as you get it. It's the kind of stuff that you've heard over and over and over again. But the promo clips are priceless, featuring Norm & Gary Crosby, Phyllis Diller, Shirley Jones (Mrs. Partridge!), Jack Webb (Joe Friday!), George Maharis, Florence Henderson (Mrs. Brady!), Edie Adams, Eddy Arnold and Robert Young (Father Knows Best!), all reading from the same couple of scripts about how tough it is to be a serviceman. It's touching stuff, but don't listen to them all in a row. Please be my guest and download A Different Kind Of Christmas (The United States Navy).

1 comment:


  1. Ernie, I've got me a Jack Webb jones going on right now. I can wait until Christmas of 2016, but if you're able, will you please repost this LP as soon as possible?

    Thanks again for your blog!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...