Saturday, September 29, 2007

Oodles Of Doodles CCLXXIV


Just to throw everyone off, here's a fourth doodle for the day, the second one from Mozelle Thompson. I knew about this doodle a long time ago from a CD reissue of this LP I saw online. But it was only recently that I stumbled across this Living Stereo version. (I think I found a mono version a while ago, but threw it back because the cover was in terrible shape.) This is one of those rare doodles that's reproduced in color on the back of the sleeve. In fact, this one is odd in that a similar, thought not identical, doodle is featured on the front of the LP. You have to look close to see that it's not the same, but it's not. The fact that it's in the background and slightly blurry behind Mr. Fiedler doesn't help, either. I wonder if it's actually drawn that large, or if they've composited two pictures together? Either way, I've got a scan of the LP cover for you, but Blogger is giving me a hard time about posting it. Hopefully I'll be able to get it up before I finish typing this post. The LP in question is Boston Pops Orchestra-Arthur Fiedler, Conductor-Marches In Hi-Fi (RCA Victor LSC-2229, 1958), and is my first doodle from an RCA Red Seal record, which was their line for classical releases. Arthur Fiedler and the Boston Pops did plenty of slightly more popular stuff, but it all came out on the Red Seal line.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...