Sunday, July 29, 2007

Many Moons Ago


I was at my parents house today when I noticed this old parking sticker inside my fathers tool box. I shot a quick picture of it, and now you have to look at the picture and sit through the story of how it came to be. This sticker was in the back window of my 1957 Pontiac Chieftain, which I showed you here, during my junior year of high school. At the end of that year, I got a job working at Tomorrowland Terrace in Magic Kingdom at Disney World. It was a 45 minute commute each way, and even though I was making the princely sum of $6.50 an hour, I couldn't afford to drive the big Pontiac back and forth. So I got an early '70s bright yellow Mercury Comet with a little six cylinder engine in it that I could afford to put gas in. I had to sell the big Pontiac. I never met the guy who bought it, since he picked it up while I was at work. But before the guy drove it off, my dad peeled the parking decal out of the back window and stuck it in the top of his toolbox. That was 20 years ago, and it's still there. How time flies...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...