Sunday, July 08, 2007

Christmas In July 2007-Day 8

I've got a real mixed bag of stuff for you today. The first track is Santa by Noro Morales And His Orchestra from Mambos (RCA Victor EPA-553 2x7" 45 RPM)). This is one of those EPs I was so excited about finding a few months back. I don't think it's really a Christmas tune, but with a name like Santa, how could I resist? Track two is Santa Baby by Eartha Kitt from The Best Of Eartha Kitt (MCA (UK) GHS 2024). You may think that this is an odd choice for my little Christmas In July sharity, but stick with me for a minute. This isn't the version you're used to. This is a re-recording that Eartha made later in her career. It's similar to the original you've heard over and over, but it's not quit the same. Give it a listen and you'll see that it's not quite right... Track three is The Secret Of Christmas by the great Bing Crosby. This is the original version that hailed from the soundtrack Say One For Me (Columbia CL 1337, 1959), a movie that featured Bing with Robert Wagner and Debbie Reynolds. He later re-recorded it for a Christmas record with Frank Sinatra and Fred Waring, but I think that one is almost as hard to find as this one. If these sound interesting, please be my guest and download away!

So what were your download choices last year on this date? Let's see... Ah, two versions of Ave Maria, and a great track called Santa Claus Is Flat Gonna Come To Town by The Four Freshmen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...