Monday, March 26, 2007

Some Art For You

I'm sure I've mentioned before that I'm always finding odd things inside of record sleeves that don't belong there. Here's another case in point. I've already forgotten what record I found this cardboard flexi-disk inside of, but I do remember that it had nothing at all to do with Art Linkletter. The disc in question is Art Linkletter-'Would You Cheat A Child?' (American Seating Promotional Cardboard FlexiDisk 33.3 RPM), and you can download and give it a listen by clicking on the name there. I'm sure many of you are familiar with flexi-disks, but if not, follow this link and educate yourself. I'm not sure what the date is on this record. Art's House Party TV show was on the air forever, from 1952 to '70. And the company he's shilling for here, American Seating, is still around and going strong, so that's no help on a date. This isn't the most exciting recording ever in the history of the world, but I'm sure there are people out there who like this sort of thing. And if you should stumble across this post, I hope you enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...