Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Oodles Of Doodles CCXII

I've got a doodle for you tonight, from the cover of Kitty Kallen's "My Coloring Book" And Her Other Great Hits (RCA Victor LSP-2640 RE, 1963). This one is slightly unique in that it comes from the front of the record sleeve. I would say 99% of the other doodles I've shared came from the flip side of the record. But other than that, there's nothing too remarkable about this one. I guess they were trying to tie into the song title a little bit. I suppose I should be thankful that no one tried to color in Ms. Kallen. I'm thinking that the 'RE' at the end of the catalog number means that this isn't the original album cover. I saw that once before on an LP by Dick Schory, which turned out to be a release with a different cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...