Thursday, December 21, 2006

Home For Christmas

I doubt if I've posted a more traditional Christmas image all year than this one. Doesn't this family just scream out with that 1950's ideal of what Christmas should be? Well, the music is like that, too. I recorded this over the summer because my good buddy The Captain had a mono version and wanted to hear the stereo. So now I'm going to inflict it, I mean share it with you. Here is Henri Rene-Home For Christmas, A Joyous Evening Of Yuletide Songs (RCA Victor CSP-109, 1964). There is such a wide variety of styles on here, I think you'll be shocked.

2 comments:

  1. Shouldn't all Christmases look like this?


    Capt

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, this guy's great...

    I really like his other albums.

    And, they all have excellent covers, too!

    But, something happened here...
    so I'm really hoping there is an alternative cover from another era or design team.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...