Friday, August 25, 2006

Rock! Brother


Here's a great tagline from a great LP. I usually bring you tags from records that are best described as easy-listening, or exotica, or maybe space-age bachelor pad music, but not this time. This is "Rock! Brother", from the cover of The Isley Brothers-Shout! (RCA Victor LPM-2156, 1959). I had no idea that The Isley Brothers ever even recorded for RCA, but here's the proof. (Looks like they weren't there for very long, according to some cursory searching on the web.) There is no doodle on the back, just in case you're curious. I'm sure there are other great tags and doodles both on some of the classic Elvis records from this period, but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to find them at the Goodwill store for $1. Well, maybe, but not very likely.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...