Friday, April 07, 2006

Yellow-Bellied Something-Or-Other


You didn't think I'd forgotten about my feathered friends just because I was at a mechanical flying machine convention, did you? Of course not. I was probably the only guy at the whole show looking at the flying things in the grass instead of on the runways. I have no idea what this guy is called, but he seemed to make his home in the grass between the runways. He had his mouth open like that most of the time I was watching him. Pretty little fellow, though. I'll have to keep my eyes open for more of these and figure out what species exactly they are.

Update: It's an Eastern Meadowlark. It took me a while to find that out, since I kept searching for a name with the word yellow in it. Shows what I know...

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...