Monday, October 24, 2005

Wilma (Not Betty)


I had hoped to bring you some pictures of the damage from hurricane Wilma today, but there really wasn't too much damage around. The worst thing I could find was this sailboat that had been blown aground. Someone is going to have to spend a pretty penny to get her back in the water. As you can see, the sky was back to clear and blue less than twelve hours after Wilma made landfall less than 100 miles south of here. However, the wind was still blowing at better than 20 mph out on the beaches, so it felt like walking in a sandblaster at times. I tried to get a picture of all the sand blowing around, but they didn't come out very well. I did get plenty of sand in my new camera, though.

2 comments:

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...