Wednesday, October 05, 2005

The Shorebirds Of Longboat Key


I was playing with the long lens Sunday out on Loangboat Key, FL, and I got some pretty good shots of the little birds that run back and forth chasing the surf all day. I'm afraid I don't know their names, so you'll have to do the research yourself. But they look pretty cool, don't they? These are three of the ones I see most frequently, but can never get close enough to get decent shots. The two below are not the same if you look close. One is actually much larger than the other, but it's hard to tell the scale in these pictures.

Update: The bird above is a ruddy turnstone, which is a species of sandpiper. I think they are all sandpipers, but what do I know?

1 comment:

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...