Saturday, August 06, 2005

Vik Or Victoria?


I'm just full of questions tonight. Can anyone out there tell me more about the Vik label? It appears to be a subsidiary of RCA Victor, or maybe a foreign distribution arm. I'm not clear on the whole thing. The label above is from Pat Suzuki-The Many Sides Of Pat Suzuuki (Vik LX-1127, 1958), and it appears to be an American pressing. I've got another release from Pat right here from 1959, and it's on the regular RCA Victor label. I first noticed the Vik label on this great site (except for the ads) for Space Age pop, and wondered why I hadn't noticed anything on the Vik label before. Anyhow, I'm sure someone out there will come along and clue me in. Thanks in advance!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...