Saturday, July 02, 2005

Which One's Pink (This Pig Has Flown)

OK, I know this is usually a photo blog, but I don't have any pictures of this to share with you. I just watched the Pink Floyd reunion at Live 8, and I gotta say it was great. Seeing Roger Waters perform with David Gilmour, Nick Mason and Richard Wright was amazing. Someone may correct me on this, but I think they also had Dick Parry out there to play the sax solo on 'Money'. And if you blinked, you missed a wonderful shot by an on-the-ball cameraman of the actual Battersea Power Station in the background of the Hyde Park venue. Roger didn't have the same voice he used to, and I'm not sure if the person mixing the video was as familiar with the band as the guy who caught Battersea, as they only had about two shots of Rick Wright the whole time. And of course MTV/AOL/VH1 chose to cut away before the end of Comfortably Numb to go to more commercials, but up to that point it was a dream come true. Now, if they only release it on DVD or CD. I believe they are streaming the concert on XM, so if nothing else, there should be some high quality bootlegs out there somewhere. Anybody want to hook me up?

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...