Saturday, April 09, 2005

Superiority Through Airpower I


OK, I just got back From Macdill Airfest 2005. What a day! I will probably be posting pictures from this event all week, but I wanted to be sure and get something up tonight, just to let you know I made it up there. Getting in and out was much easier this year than last year, mostly because I knew what was going on. The shot above is a quicky from the over 800 pictures I snapped. (Don't worry though, I won't post all of them. There are quite a few that are nothing but blue sky. You'd be surprised how fast those jets fly sometimes!) Anyhow, I was pleasantly surprised when I saw this shot, since I didn't think I'd captured the effect. If you look closely, you can see vapor streaming off the wing tips, and also off the wing itself. That's not a smoke effect, that's due to some sort of shockwave that I need to learn more about. I could see it happening from the ground occasionally, but I never dreamed I'd capture it on film, as it was pretty fleeting when it occurred.

Anyhow, lot's more pictures coming, so please stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...