Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Oodles of Doodles


The two dancers above are scanned from the inner sleeve to one of the LPs I mentioned below, 60 Years of Music America Loves Best-Volume III (RCA Victor LOP-1509, 1961). The conductor below is from the other side of the sleeve. From reading the sleeve, I believe it was used in both a popular music version of the LP, as well as a classical version. I'd always been told that The Beatles-Sgt. Pepper was the first LP to have a custom inner sleeve, but there may have been some caveat with that 'first' that I've forgotten. I like these little doodles that seemed to be poular on LPs in the late 50s and early 60s. I hope to be able to share more of them here in my little blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are greatly appreciated, but replies aren't guaranteed...